Downstream users, distributors and article producers
Normally, downstream users, distributors and article producers can refer to the registration duty of their suppliers. But also as a downstream user, distributor, article producer or importer you have REACH obligations.
Downstream users and article producers are responsible for the safe handling with chemicals at work and have to take care of safety measures according to the extended safety data sheet issued by REACH. Is their own intended use in conformity with the identified use? If not, the user might have to prepare a chemical safety report by himself (DU-CSR).
Users must communicate with their suppliers and customers. Information from safety data sheets (SDS or eSDS) must be passed on within the delivery chain. Information about hazardous chemicals and/or substances of very high concern must also be passed on within the delivery chain. more
If new dangerous characteristics are discovered, these must be reported to the supplier.
Other information on dangerous or very high concern ingredients must be passed on within the supply chain, even for articles. Exceeding the threshold quantity of 1t /a for substances of very high concern must be reported to the Chemicals’ Agency. more
You must check the registration or report obligations for direct imports of preparations and articles from non-EU countries. more
We provide REACH support – even in your office, if requested.
- REACH training
- Analysis of your product portfolio
- Identification of your REACH obligations
- Safety data sheets more
- Communication within the supply chain
- Information obligation on candidate substances more
- Compliance with substance restrictions more
- Support if you need to late pre-register, register or reporting duties for substances in articles more
- Evaluation of your uses
- Chemical safety report for Downstream users (DU-CSR and DU-Report)
- Reports to ECHA